CIBC Pan Am / Parapan Am Athletes' Village
The newly-constructed CIBC Pan Am / Parapan Am Athletes' Village will be located on an 80-acre site next to the Don River in Toronto’s waterfront district. The Village will be the Games-time home for 10,000 athletes, coaches and team officials, and will incorporate a full range of conveniences and amenities.
- TO2015 will create designs, policies and practices that respect the traditions, cultures, abilities, languages and cuisines of all residents.
- The Village will meet the requirements of the IOC’s Technical Manual on Olympic Village.
- It will meet LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification standards.
- 24-hour service will be available throughout the Village for athletes and team officials.
- A large transport mall and accreditation services will maximize convenience for athletes and officials.
- The Village Polyclinic will offer a full range of health care services and professionals.
- The Village manager will be a senior member of the TO2015 staff with direct experience in managing a village in a multi-sport Games environment.
- The Village will be a safe environment for all residents and visitors.
- After the Games, the Village will become a mixed-use neighbourhood with affordable housing, new condominiums, a YMCA and a dormitory for George Brown College students.
Located just east of downtown Toronto, the Village is within 45 minutes of most Games venues and less than 25 minutes from the airport. All Village facilities in use during the Parapan American Games will be fully accessible and provide a barrier-free environment.
The Etobicoke Olympium will be renovated and improved to be used as a training site for the aquatics disciplines of swimming, water polo, diving and synchronized swimming during the TORONTO 2015 Games. Renovations of this facility include improvements to the existing Olympic-sized pool and dive towers, as well as replacement of major mechanical, electrical and life-safety systems.
Training Venue for:
590 Rathburn Road