Suppliers & Procurement
TO2015 is vested with the exciting task of delivering a world-class sporting event. Opportunities for supplier involvement and the resulting economic impact of these opportunities is an important consideration to the overall success of the Games.
TO2015 is committed to an open, fair, transparent supplier environment and will announce all competitive procurement requirements and current business opportunities through MERX, the website for Canadian private tenders.
TO2015 Procurement Process - Overview
TO2015 follows three processes based on the spend value of each procurement.
- For purchases up to $10,000, TO2015 sources suppliers through its market knowledge as well as through its base of suppliers who have registered their businesses on the TO2015 website (See form at bottom of page).
- For procurement opportunities between $10,000 and $100,000, TO2015 follows a competitive invitational process by inviting no less than three qualified suppliers to compete for the business. These suppliers are sought through marketing knowledge and the TO2015 supplier database. All invitational tenders are posted on the TO2015 website.
- Procurements opportunities greater than $100,000 undergo an open, competitive process that, in most cases, involves a pre-qualification phase followed by a request for proposal phase. The responsibility is on the supplier to look for the opportunity. All open tenders are posted on the TO2015 website and facilitated through MERX.
Supplier selections are made based on the following:
- Total cost of ownership (price, logistics of delivery, storage etc).
- Ability to deliver the goods and services.
- Innovation in the supplier’s solution.
- Supply chain and employment diversity practices.
In addition to using MERX©, TO2015 may also, from time to time, conduct invitational bids for lower value goods and services. To facilitate participation in these procurements, please register here. By completing this form, supplier information will be available to TO2015 and may be used as a source for acquiring smaller value goods and services. It should be noted that completion of this form should not be construed as an offer or acceptance to acquire goods and services by TO2015, but is intended as being a potential source list to be considered by staff within the TO2015 Organizing Committee. TO2015 is not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided.
Please note: The TORONTO 2015 logo should not be used in any materials submitted to the organization. Submissions with the TORONTO 2015 logo will not be accepted.