The TORONTO 2015 Pan Am / Parapan Am Games Organizing Committee (TO2015) is tasked with the responsibility of planning, managing and staging the TORONTO 2015 Pan American / Parapan American Games. TO2015 also has the responsibility of raising a significant amount of revenue to help finance the Games.
The TORONTO 2015 Games could not take place without the support of dedicated corporate sponsors. In addition to a direct financial investment, their products, services and areas of expertise are vital to hosting successful Games. Through their commitment and support, sponsors provide the foundation for staging the Games, and in so doing, contribute to every participating athlete and further the aims of amateur athletics in Ontario and Canada. Additionally, sponsors support the celebrations in our host community through cultural events that reflect Canada and Ontario.
In this policy, sponsorship is defined as:
A business relationship between TO2015 and a provider of funds, products, services and/or resources that offers in return certain value rights and benefits that may be used to commercial advantage.
In this relationship, organizations provide a cash investment, products, services and/or resources that are used to support or enhance the successful staging of the TORONTO 2015 Pan American / Parapan American Games. Sponsors receive certain rights and benefits that include the right to publicly associate their brand, products or services with the TORONTO 2015 Games.
Our sponsors’ priorities include:
- Brand development and enhancement.
- Employee recruitment/retention.
- Unique showcasing opportunities.
- Business-to-business networking.
- Direct revenue-generating opportunities.
- Demonstrating capabilities to the world.
- Contributing to a patriotic, nation-building opportunity,
- Supporting young athletes.
- Being recognized as a successful national or international entity.
- Unique hospitality benefits.
Sponsorship in the context of this policy does not include philanthropic or charitable donations.
The overall objective of this policy is to ensure the TO2015 sponsorship program achieves the following:
- Assists achievement of TO2015’s mission and vision.
- Assists in meeting TO2015’s financial objectives.
- Assists in securing the right operational partners for respective Games functional groups.
- Enhances the TORONTO 2015 brand perception and reputation.
- Enhances the successful staging of the TORONTO 2015 Pan American / Parapan American Games.
- Complies with all applicable directives as established by the TO2015 Board of Directors.
- Protects the interests of TO2015 stakeholders.
- Properly documents and records the process of sponsorship negotiations to ensure a fair, open
- and transparent process.
This sponsorship policy ensures a fair, open and transparent process that maintains an equal opportunity for qualified parties. TO2015 will seek to ensure that the best overall partner in each identified sponsorship category is selected by reviewing each submission against the following baselevel criteria:
- Cash investment.
- Budget-relieving value-in-kind contribution.
- Experience and capabilities within the respective product(s) and service(s) category.
- Budget-enhancing value-in-kind contribution.
- Overall contribution to the successful staging of the TORONTO 2015 Games.
- Corporations whose values and missions are consistent with those which TO2015 is aiming to achieve with the staging of its Games.
Commercial Rights Management
Commercial rights management is responsible for protecting TO2015 trademarks, graphics and terminology, and the exclusive rights of association granted to the Official Partners of the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games. The TO2015 Commercial Rights Management team seeks to ensure that the integrity of the TORONTO 2015 brand is upheld by permitting only those that the Organizing Committee has identified as Official Partners, funding parties, Host Municipalities, Host First Nations and Official Licensees to associate themselves with the TORONTO 2015 brand.
For more information on how to engage with the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games: TORONTO 2015 Public and Business Community Guidelines.