To deliver the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games, we’re assembling a team of 23,000+ incredible volunteers! Already, over 60,000 volunteer applicants from across the Greater Golden Horseshoe and beyond have stepped up and applied to be at the heart of Games!
Imagine being on the sidelines as an overjoyed sprinter bursts across the finish line and cheers erupt around you. Then, imagine the feeling of knowing you helped get them there. This is just one of the unique ways volunteers will experience the TORONTO 2015 Games.
Along with being at the heart of the hottest event of summer 2015, all TORONTO 2015 Games-time volunteers will receive:
- A sneak peek of the Pan Am Games Opening Ceremony created by Cirque du Soleil.
- Access to exclusive TORONTO 2015 promotions and events.
- A discount on TORONTO 2015 merchandise.
- Games-time access to public transit with accreditation.
- Meals and refreshments during shifts.
- A certificate of achievement to recognize your tremendous work and newly acquired skill-set (this will look great on your resume!)
- Invaluable volunteer hours and work experience.
- The chance to meet international athletes, officials and sport association leaders.
- Comprehensive training to ensure you’re well prepared and confident on day one.
- The opportunity to network, make lifelong friends and try your hand at something new.
- And if that’s not enough, you’ll also receive a snazzy uniform.
It’s pretty hard to say no to all of that, right?
Hours of operation
8 a.m.–8 p.m. (ET)
(Collect calls to this number will be accepted from outside North America only.)
(Once you’ve reached the TTY operator, request a connection to the TORONTO 2015 Volunteer Call Centre at 1-855-388-2015.)
What is my time commitment as a volunteer? How easy will it be to get around during the Games? What kind of training will volunteers receive? For information about the TORONTO 2015 Volunteer Program, please read our FAQs.
Become a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the TORONTO 2015 Games. More than 64,000 people from across the Greater Golden Horseshoe region and beyond have applied to become a TORONTO 2015 volunteer. We are truly impressed by the volume, quality and diversity of our applicants! Given the enormous response, we have closed the volunteer portal and are no longer accepting new applicants. We hope you will find other meaningful ways to engage with the TORONTO 2015 Games!
Watch Colin Mochrie, Official Coach of the TORONTO 2015 Volunteer Team and Candian improv icon, show us how to prepare to become a TORONTO 2015 volunteer!
The Coach: One of Canada -- and Ontario's -- greatest exports is comedy. Yes, comedy beat out lumber, maple syrup and beer. Go figure. To support the launch of the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am / Parapan Am Games volunteer program and showcase the dedication and commitment of volunteers, TORONTO 2015 enlisted the support of Colin Mochrie, improv icon/Canadian treasure and The Second City, Toronto.
Volunteers will be the heart of the Games as we welcome the Pan Americas to our diverse and vibrant region in the summer of 2015. Do you have what it takes to join us?
While watching the video, you may view closed captioning in any of the three official languages -- English, Français, Español -- of the TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games by clicking "CC" on the YouTube toolbar.